Tecnifibre privacy statement
Tecnifibre (“We”) take a serious view of the privacy of persons visiting their online store www.tecnifibre.com/ (the “Website”), and more generally, the privacy of the persons providing them with their Personal Data (term defined below) when contacting their brand (“You”).
This privacy statement is an integral part of the General Terms of Sale accessible here. It applies each time that you communicate your Personal Data to Tecnifibre and to all processing that Tecnifibre may carry out on these Data.
Therefore, you specifically agree to the use of your Personal Data in agreement with this privacy statement, when you place an order on the Website and create your customer account, when you contact our customer services department, and more generally, when you browse and/or connect to our Website, or when you interact with Tecnifibre in any way whatsoever.
We reserve the right to amend our privacy statement at any time, in accordance with the laws in force in terms of personal data protection. In the event of an amendment, you will be informed of this by all appropriate means.
1. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER AND WHAT ARE OUR COMMITMENTS?
Tecnifibre S.A., located at Route Départementale 307, 78810 Feucherolles, France, is the data controller of your Personal Data (“Tecnifibre” or “We”).
We undertake to process your Personal Data in complete safety and in accordance with the regulations applicable in France and in the European Union in the field of personal data protection (“Applicable Regulations”), including in particular:
- the UK Data Protection Act 2018;
- the (EU) Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27th April 2016 related to the protection of private individuals in relation to the processing of Personal Data (the “GDPR”) and any other subsequent text including its implementation texts;
- the texts adopted within the European Union and the local laws applicable to Personal Data, where appropriate;
- the texts and decisions from inspection authorities, in particular the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
In order to guarantee the application of the Applicable Regulations and the provisions of this privacy statement, we have appointed a contact person for issues regarding Personal Data protection.
This person may be contacted for any issue related to your Personal Data by using the contact form: https://eshop.tecnifibre.fr/contacts/.
2. WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The term “Personal Data” refers to all information about you that makes you directly or indirectly personally identifiable.
Therefore, we are required to collect:
- your title, surname and first name,
- postal address and telephone number,
- email address,
- bank card numbers collected upon your order and processed by our bank service providers in charge of managing payments,
- identifier and password,
- correspondence by email, or via social media and/or telephone conversations with the customer services department, and all other data enabling to monitor the commercial relationship,
- cookies and other trackers including the data indicated in the article entitled WHAT IS OUR POLICY FOR MANAGING COOKIES (TRACKERS)?, IP address and other information enabling your identification and that you make available to us at any time.
3. WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We can collect your Personal Data when you:
- visit the Website;
- connect to or create a customer account on the Website;
- place an order on the Website;
- return your order;
- register for the Newsletter;
- send a claim, ask a question or send us your comments;
- communicate your Personal Data to us on the Website or in any other way whatsoever;
- take part in a competition organised by us or by one of our partners;
- interact with us via our official social media.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
On the basis of the agreement between us, a legal obligation, our legitimate interest or after having obtained your consent, we are required to process your Personal Data to meet with the following purposes:
Performance of orders placed on the Website
Management of customer relations (telephone, emails), account creation, order follow-up, product returns and refunds
Management of customer claims or questions related to items (guarantee)
Management of payment operations and issue of an invoice
Fight against fraud
Management of shipping operations
Management of claims or questions related to the items or our brand
Management and improvement of the customer account, in particular by proposing new functions or new services
Management of customer satisfaction through customer feedback on items and on the efficiency of the customer services department
Registration of exchanges between the customer services department and the customer by telephone, with a view to improving the service
Development and improvement of the Website
Operations of statistics, analysis, selection and segmenting of customers in order to improve knowledge of customers
Management of requests related to using your rights
Sending targeted commercial proposals regarding existing or new items and services, electronically (by email, by mobile notifications or on the Website, on social media, on other websites), or by telephone (call & text message)
Assess visits to the Website (mobile and desktop)
Availability of sharing tools on social media
Analysis of customer conduct on the Website and customers’ reactions to marketing campaigns in order to improve and personalise the items and services and offer them in the form of commercial communication and/or publicity
Personalisation of the browsing experience on the Website and the advertisements shown, on our behalf or that of our partners, on our Website or third-party devices, depending on customer preferences.
Performance of the agreement entered into between you and Tecnifibre
Performance of the agreement entered into between you and Tecnifibre
Legitimate interest of Tecnifibre
Performance of the agreement entered into between a Customer and Tecnifibre
Legitimate interest of Tecnifibre
Legitimate interest of Tecnifibre in order to improve the service
Legitimate interest of Tecnifibre in order to improve the items and service
Legitimate interest of Tecnifibre in order to improve the quality of the service
Legitimate interest of Tecnifibre in order to improve the service
Legitimate interest of Tecnifibre in order to know you better, and in particular adapt our offers to suit your requirements
You can subscribe to the Newsletter directly on the Website and thus choose to be informed, on a regular basis, of the offers proposed on the Website.
You have the possibility, at any time, to unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided for this purpose located directly in the newsletters or by using the contact form: https://eshop.tecnifibre.fr/contacts/.
6. TO WHOM DO WE COMMUNICATE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may be required to communicate all or part of your Personal Data to some of our service providers which process your personal data, on our behalf and according to our instructions, in order to help us to perform the following services:
- Performance of your order, including preparation and shipping of your items,
- Execution of your payment in complete safety,
- Fight against fraud and collection, where applicable, of unpaid invoices,
- Sending canvassing emails and mobile notifications,
- Personalisation of our Website according to your preferences,
- Storage of all of your Personal Data,
- Management of telephone calls and any recordings of them,
- Performance of maintenance and technical development operations on the Website and the Tecnifibre IT systems,
- Collecting customer feedback,
- Analysis of your use of the Website, with a view to improving the quality and efficiency of the Website.
It is reminded that the entities to which we communicate your Personal Data are bound by a non-disclosure agreement and undertake to respect the Applicable Regulations regarding the protection of your Personal Data.
7. WHERE DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your Personal Data are kept in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), i.e., the 28 Member States of the European Union, and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) where the Website’s servers are hosted.
Some of the service providers or data processors to which we transfer your Personal Data, as indicated in the article entitled “TO WHOM DO WE COMMUNICATE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?, are located outside of the European Economic Area, and sometimes in countries not recognised by the European Commission as benefiting from an appropriate level of protection. In this case, in accordance with the Applicable Regulations, we undertake to:
- enter into a cross-border data flow agreement with these companies, in accordance with the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission, or
- work with companies which have Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) enabling cross-border transfers.
You may obtain more information on this issue and, where appropriate, obtain a copy of the cross-border flow agreements entered into with our partners, by sending your request via the contact form: https://eshop.tecnifibre.fr/contacts/.
8. HOW DO WE ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR DATA?
We have set up internal procedures in order to guarantee the safety of your Personal Data upon their use, transfer or conservation. We also ensure the maintenance of the procedures implemented in order to guarantee their compliance with the Applicable Regulations.
These security procedures include in particular:
- a commitment by our service providers and data processors, when we use their services, in particular to make the Website and its content available for you, or to perform your orders, to respect their contractual obligations in order to ensure appropriate protection of the Personal Data to which they have access;
- limited access to your Personal Data granted only to employees respecting a confidentiality obligation and whose access to your Personal Data is necessary in order to provide you with the items and services and/or justified in relation to their roles;
- the implementation of precautionary measures for protecting your Personal Data from their destruction, loss or alteration, and for preventing any unauthorised access to your Personal Data;
- the storage of your Personal Data on servers providing all security guarantees. The data are kept, in accordance with the Applicable Regulations, for the periods indicated in the article entitled HOW LONG ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA KEPT?. The Periods thus indicated do not exceed the period required for achieving the purposes indicated in the article entitled WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN THEY BE USED?
A. In accordance with the Applicable Regulations, you have the possibility to use the following rights:
- Right to access your data,
- Right to rectify and right to erase your data (right to be forgotten),
- Right to limit the processing of your data,
- Right to the portability of your data,
- Right to object to the processing of your data,
- Right to define instructions related to the outcome of your data after your death.
In order to use these rights, you can contact us by using one of the following means of communication:
- the contact form: https://eshop.tecnifibre.fr/contacts/,
- by post, along with a copy of proof of identity, to the Customer Services department, at the following address: Tecnifibre S.A., Route Départementale 307, 78810 Feucherolles, France.
You are also entitled to make a claim to a relevant inspection authority (ICO).
B. In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, you may register in the UK at any time on the list for opting out of unsolicited calls:
- by Internet on the https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/ website or
- by letter sent to: Telephone Preference Service (TPS), DMA House, 70 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8SS, UK.
This registration is free of charge.
10. WHAT IS OUR POLICY FOR MANAGING COOKIES (TRACKERS)?
When you visit the Website, we may place small pieces of information on your computer known as “cookies”, which will be stored by your browser on your hard drive.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use the following cookies:
- Technical cookies related to the functions of the Website (compulsory)
These cookies are essential to ensure that our Website works correctly and they cannot be configured. These cookies enable you to use the Website, its functions and to register your preferences such as the language used, access to your account, the items added to your cart… and to ensure the security of our Website as regards possible fraud by using predictive analysis tools. In the event that our systems suspect fraud, depriving you of the possibility of placing an order on the Website, you will be immediately informed and will have the possibility of contacting the customer services department in order to obtain a new analysis of your payment.
- Analytics cookies of the Website
These cookies, known as performance cookies, enable us to assess the use of the Website (number of visits, pages viewed, sources of traffic, etc.), to analyse your browsing on the Website, and your reactions faced with the items that we offer, in order to optimise the performance of it. They collect information about the browsing by the visitor on the Website, in order to assist us in improving the ergonomics and functions of the website. By accepting these cookies, you contribute to improving our Website.
- Cookies related to your preferences (Experience and relation)
When you browse or shop on line, the Website remembers your preferences. This simplifies, facilitates and personalises your browsing experience in order to meet in the best possible way with your preferences and expectations. These cookies enable us to offer you recommendations of items, relevant services or content on the website, in the emails that are sent to you or in stores in keeping with your expectations and preferences. They may also enable to test and improve the ergonomics of the website. Without these cookies, your use of the website may be slower and the relevance of the recommendations will be limited.
- Geolocation cookies
These cookies enable you to benefit from certain functions of our services offered on the Website (e.g.: days and times of opening of our distributors’ stores, etc.).
- Targeting or publicity cookies (Marketing & Social media)
These cookies are used to display advertisements of interest to you on our website and outside of it, including on social media. For this, we may be required to communicate your email address, in encrypted format, to the social media partners. Moreover, these cookies limit the number of times that you see an advertisement and help us in assessing the efficiency of our publicity campaigns. They collect certain pieces of information in order to better target the advertisements according to your interests. If you disable these cookies, advertisements (including ours) will continue to be displayed during your browsing but they will not take into account your interests and will therefore be less relevant.
WHAT IS THE PERIOD OF CONSERVATION OF THE COOKIES?
The cookies are recorded on your device according to your choices, except for the technical and security cookies which are required for ensuring the smooth running of our Website. The cookies are recorded for a period of 13 months.
You may also disable the cookies independently by adapting the settings of your browser, but bear in mind that when you disable the cookies, there is a risk that you will not be able to use all of the functions of the Website. Here is some information about how to disable the cookies for certain web browsers:
1. Click on the Menu ≡ button and select Settings
2. Select the Privacy and Security panel.
3. In the Enhanced Tracking Protection section, tick the Custom button to choose the content to block.
4. Tick the Cookies box. The default setting is Social Media and Cross-site Trackers.
To block all third-party cookies, select All third-party cookies (may cause websites to break) from the dropdown menu.
5. Close the page about:preferences. All of the changes made by you will be automatically saved.
If you do not want websites to store cookies on your computer, you can block the cookies. However, blocking cookies may prevent the correct display of certain pages, or you may receive a message from a website informing you that you should authorise the cookies in order to visit that website.
1. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, then Internet Options.
2. Select the Privacy tab and, in Settings, select Advanced. Choose whether you want to allow, block or be prompted to define the intended configuration for first-party cookies and third-party cookies.
You can block or allow all cookies by default. You may also allow cookies from a specific website, while blocking the third-party cookies in advertisements or images of this same website.
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. In the top right-hand corner, click on More, then Settings.
3. In “Privacy and security”, click on Cookies and other site data.
4. Select an option:
- “Allow all cookies”
- “Block all cookies (not recommended)”
- “Block third-party cookies in private browsing mode”
- “Block third-party cookies”
N.B.: If you block third-party cookies, all of the cookies and data from other websites will be blocked, even if these websites are authorised in your list of exceptions.
You can change various options in the Safari preferences in order for Safari to always allow or block cookies and website data.
In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, click on Privacy, then choose one of the following operations.
To prevent tracking devices from using cookies and website data to monitor you: Select “Prevent cross-site tracking”.
The cookies and website data will be deleted unless you visit and interact with the tracking websites.
- To always block cookies: Select “Block all cookies”. The websites, third parties and advertisers cannot store cookies and other data on your Mac. This may prevent certain websites from operating correctly.
- To always allow cookies: Untick “Block all cookies”. Websites, third parties and advertisers may store cookies and other data on your Mac.
- To delete data and cookies stored: Click on Manage website data, select one or several websites, then click on Delete or Erase All. The deletion of data may reduce the monitoring of the activities, but may also disconnect you from websites or alter the conduct of them.
To see which websites store cookies or data: Click on Manage website data.
Comment: if you change your cookies preferences or delete cookies or website data in Safari, this may have an impact on other apps.