DANIIL MEDVEDEV : WONDERFUL (HI)STORY
We often remember the first time we did something. No doubt, we are all affected in some way by our first match, our first win or first defeat.
But winning our first Grand Slam title is life-changing.
We experienced this unique and powerful reaction for ourselves after Daniil’s magnificent win at the US Open, in what turns out to be a historic “double” first: not just his first singles Grand Slam title, but Tecnifibre’s too!
His victory drives tennis into a new era and takes Daniil to a whole new level.
It resonates for us today as a momentous tale of perseverance and confidence, in which each milestone led up to this climactic result.
- Signing with Tecnifibre in 2016, when he was 329th in the world.
- Winning the Young Guns Contest (competition between 4 promising young players on the circuit) at the end of 2016 with prize money of $50,000 to launch his 2017 season on the Tour.
- First triumph in an ATP tournament in Sydney 2018, which took him into the Top 70 in the ATP rankings.
- A crazy American summer in 2019 with his first Grand Slam final which propelled him into the Top 5 in the ATP rankings.
- Confirmation of his top-player status in 2020 with titles at the Rolex Paris Masters and Nitto ATP Finals.
- Reached the final of the Australian Open in 2021 before taking his revenge against the World Number 1 with a magnificent win in the US Open.
These milestones have shaped the career and destiny of this exceptional, unique player, who is the perfect ambassador for Tecnifibre values.
We are proud to have been part of your journey, Daniil, and have enjoyed this historical and unforgettable “first”, which is a first for us too. Congratulations and thank you, Daniil!